Facebook launches ‘Memories’, a new home for reminiscing
Facebook is introducing a dedicated page called “Memories”, where you can reflect on the moments you’ve shared with family and friends over the years. The new feature is also tied to Facebook’s focus on time-well-spent efforts, which aim to increase the focus on quality engagement on Facebook, even if time on site suffers as a result.
Instagram adds shopping tags directly into stories
Instagram’s shoppable tags will roll out in Stories. The company started testing the feature back in 2016 with limited partners. Starting today, hitting the little shopping bag sticker in a Story will lead you to more details on the product that caught your eye, as well as how to purchase. With 300M+ daily active users, this addition will be a potent one for brands that will ultimately drive sales on the platform.
Read more: TechCrunch
LinkedIn introduces carousel ads for sponsored content
LinkedIn has released a new way for brands to tell their story and interact with their target audience. The offering allows you to add texture to your stories by featuring multiple visuals that people can horizontally swipe through while on the LinkedIn feed.
Read more: LinkedIn
- Tracer, VaynerX’s data aggregation tool and reporting platform, launches to help marketers better analyze their campaigns across all major platforms
- Snapchat now lets you delete unopened sent messages
- Microsoft acquires 4 new game studios as they continue to strengthen Xbox Game Pass
- Snap Spectacles 2 are now available and much easier to get
- Court approves merger of AT&T and Time Warner
- Google Home can now handle three queries at once
- TBS, TNT launch app on Xbox One
- Twitter is putting more live news events in your timeline and notifications
- Reddit rolls out auto-play video ads for web and mobile